How can I acquire a design(/character) from the Realm of Mynros?
There are several methods to design:
- Designs may be purchased from official artists through either existing adopt sets or customs. All currently available designs can be found on the Sales page and customs can be requested from the official artists directly.
- Free raffles or draw-to-adopts are held where users can win a design through participation.
- Using the site currency, which is earned through participation on the site (creating and submitting art, completing prompts, etc.) a user can purchase an MYO slot through the General Shop. Additionally, MYO slots are available to purchase with the information and prices listed on the OA Customs page.
- Trade, resale, or voucher of an existing design from a current owner. These trades can be found in the trade channel on Discord or by searching the Character Masterlist for designs marked up for trade.
I’ve purchased a Make Your Own (MYO) Slot, how do I turn it into a completed design?
- All information related to MYO slots and their submission process can be found on the MYO Guide page.
When designing a MYO pet, what limitations are there to the designs?
- For MYO pets you are by default allowed the freedom to alter the color and marking from the base pet as you see fit since they are meant to be a unique version of an existing pet. Beyond this, you are given 1 major alteration and 2 minor alterations that you can make to the pet. Major alterations would be a large change to the design such as altering the breed of animal (making a foxylotl into a wolf or breed of dog), limb alterations (head, legs, tail, etc.), or removing aspects of the design while maintaining the general appearance of the pet. Meanwhile, a minor alteration would be changing smaller aspects of the design such as adding details such as floating objects, antennae, etc., or altering existing details like vents, ears, and such.
- As for the submission process itself, all information can be found on the MYO Guide page.
When trading a design, what happens to pets connected to them?
- Pets don’t need to be traded alongside the design they are attached to, but if you don’t remove them from your design’s inventory they will be sent during the trade. For custom pets, you’ll need to request the connected design be changed to another by an admin on their masterlist entry. You can request this change through the masterlist update prompt on-site.
How do I submit my art/writing to earn group currency?
- You can submit your art/writing to be granted group currency by visiting the Gallery page. From there, you will have to pick the appropriate gallery to submit your art piece to, at which point it will be approved and currency will be granted according to the guidelines on the Earning Caps page.
- Any pieces not submitted to the gallery can still have currency claimed by visiting the Submissions page and submitting through the off-site cap rewards option.
How do I earn Caps?
- Caps are the official group currency that users earn through participation in the group. Caps can be earned by submitting any art or writing through the prompts page, which is then counted by the mods according to pre-established guidelines seen on the Earning Caps page.
I don't own a design, how do I draw art to earn caps without one?
There are two options if you don't own a design of your own but still wish to earn caps or seasonal currencies until you have your own:
- You may draw any of the NPCs listed on the masterlist, each of them has the NPC trait applied to them or you can follow this link to easily navigate to the mhoats available to be drawn.
- Designs owned by other users may be drawn so long as they are listed as accepting gift art or if you ask the user directly to draw the design. To find designs already listed as available for gift art/writing follow this link.
How do I earn Seasonal Currencies?
- Seasonal currencies are cycled in and out each season, during these three-month periods there will be prompts available that will grant these special currencies. These currencies are: False Sprouts for spring, Saltie Shells for summer, Fungheist Flowers for fall, and Frosty Berries for winter. These currencies, like Caps, can be used in their corresponding seasonal shops to purchase unique pets, trait-granting items, and other items available in the general store but at a reduced price given the limited time period these currencies can be earned.
How often can a design/character be redesigned?
- For redesigns requiring a potion to be used, we have a 3-month cooldown from the time the design is updated until you may use a redesign potion on the design again. During this time you may still add new traits and make minor masterlist updates to the design but no alterations that require a redesign potion will be accepted.
I've acquired a design that was previously redesigned, can I request the design be reverted to a previous design?
- Yes, you can absolutely request a design be reverted to a previous design, to do so you only have to submit the "Masterlist Updates' prompt in the submissions section of the site. Reverting a design to a previous design is entirely free and requires no items to be used. If the masterlist entry doesn't have the images (you can check this by going to the entry and clicking 'images' on the left-hand side of the page), then you will have to provide the image yourself through a design update submission along with proof of the design having been official at one point.
What edits can I make to a design and when do I need to update the masterlist?
- Minor edits to a character's design such as ref sheet updates or very minor edits, such as small edits to overall markings, hairstyle, fur length, body type, or additions of small cosmetic traits (ex. decorative goo, eye alterations, etc.) don’t require the masterlist to be updated. You may request an update to a design’s reference image so long as it’s a flat-colored full body with a transparent background.
- Edits that require a masterlist update also require the use of a Minor Redesign Potion. Colors, marking, and trait changes will also require a flat-colored full body with a transparent background to be added to the masterlist. When you wish to make an edit that requires the masterlist to be updated, you should find your design’s masterlist entry, and on the left side under settings, you will find an option labeled ‘Update Design’. This form works much like MYO Designs submission does with submitting a design, adding on items, and listing traits. Once done, a mod will review the new design and either approve or request edits to be made.
* Masterlist image updates, free edits, trait additions, and minor redesign potion redesigns do not require the original artist to be contacted or commissioned for art, this is something exclusively required when using a major redesign potion. Further info on the major redesign potion can be found below.
When do I need an add-on item for a design?
- When designing or redesigning a design, an add-on item is only needed when adding a new trait above the standard rarity. For example, a design with 2 mutation traits and 1 mythic trait can have these traits swapped freely so long as the design keeps 2 mutations and 1 mythic in the final design. However, if any traits are added beyond that point, a modification item would be needed. A mutation stone for mutation traits, seasonal food items for seasonal mythic traits, potions for potion mythic traits and the elusive cosmic candy for mythic traits.
When is a Major Redesign Potion needed?
- A major redesign potion is needed when a design is being pushed beyond the point where the original design is recognizable. Usually, these are judged on a case-by-case basis, but a general rule to follow is to split the design into three aspects; color, markings, and traits. If altering any of these categories in a significant way you will be required to use a minor redesign potion for changing one aspect, two minor redesign potions to change two aspects, and a major redesign potion to completely alter the design beyond recognition. For further details on the limits of using a major redesign potion, please check the item description listed here.
- If you are uncertain whether a redesign potion is needed, you may ask in the question and answers section of the discord or submit the design update request and wait for mod feedback.
What edits can I make to custom pets?
- Custom pets can be edited similar to the main species' designs, you'll just need to purchase a groomer's kit from the pet shop to allow edits to be made. When editing you are held to the same limitations as when creating the MYO slot, to begin with, so read above to refresh yourself on what is or isn't allowed with pet designs. The Groomer's Kit does not allow you to change the subspecies of the custom pet, to do that you would need the pet swap orb.
Can we make AU versions of a design?
Yes, any species design within RoM may have a design made into an AU form of the owners choosing (human, wolf, dinosaur, etc.). All we ask is that when trading these characters you trade all the existing forms of the character alongside it.
Can we make a secondary form for a design that is from another CS group?
This is still allowed but is highly dependent upon the rules of the other CS community. You must either ask or confirm that their rules clearly state that alternate forms are allowed. Similarly to AU versions of a design, we ask that these forms all be treated as a singular design and traded together.
Can I convert an existing design into an RoM species?
Yes, but you will need the designer's permission to do so as they may have rules in their ToS that request you do not do this. Like above, you must treat these designs as a single entity and trade them together.
Would it be possible to convert a design from an existing RoM species into another species?
Yes, this is absolutely possible. For example, should you wish to convert a mhoat into a vabbit all you would need is the necessary MYO Slot and Major Redesign Potion to do so. Like regular Major Redesign Potion usage we require that you either commission the original designer or get express permission to do the redesign yourself. Once converted, the previous design will be voided and if you wish to change it back then you would need the same items to repeat the process.
Is it possible for an RoM species to have multiple forms within the same universe?
In the case where a user might wish their mhoat to also have a vabbit form, this unfortunately is not currently possible as it will interfere with a future feature that we will eventually release.
Is it possible to void a design?
Yes, voiding a design is always an option. When voiding, the design will be maintained on-site for record-keeping purposes but will be moved to a unique category dedicated entirely to voided designs.
Is it possible to un-void a design?
This is also possible, yes. Any design that has previously been voided by a user can be unvoided so long as the user is in good standing or the design has been traded to a user who is in good standing.
Why is x information not listed on-site, or why do these items/traits not have descriptions?
Realm of Mynros, unfortunately, has a very small mod team formed of two people and a tech mod who primarily maintains the site through updates or bug fixes. Additionally, we are all adults who have lives outside of the work we do to add to this site and build up information for users. So, this means we often have to balance the addition of new content with filling in old information where it is needed which does leave some areas where information may be limited or confusing. When you run into this, you can always let us know in the discord by asking about it in the question and answers channel, but keep in mind that an answer to a question will not always correlate to an immediate update of said information on-site.